Rose For Mom
Grade(s): 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12
Location: Visual Art Studios at St. Albert Place (Art Gallery of St. Albert)
Program Delivery: In Person, In School, and Virtual
This beautiful rose will never fade! Students learn to fashion a rose with lovely petals, a bud and some leaves resting on a circular base. It’s the perfect Mother’s Day gift!
*Note: All in school and virtual clay programs use air dry clay which is much less durable than clay that is bisque fired at our visual art studios. We cannot transport clay from in-school programs to the visual art studios for firing, but if your school has a kiln and a technician, we can supply suitable clay for firing at your school.
Click here for information on in school techniques for finishing air dry clay.
- Art: refining forms, creative process, expression and celebration, fine and gross motor skill development
- Make experimental and informed artistic choices when creating artworks
- Explore how texture can be used to create a visual effect
- Differentiate between two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Learn what clay is and where it comes from; why it is bisque fired in a kiln; how to use clay and clay tools safely in a professional studio
Exploring Art – Art Gallery of St. Albert