VAULT FEATURE EXHIBITION
Vault Exhibition Space
Housed in the historic Banque d’Hochelaga, the Art Gallery of St. Albert takes full advantage of the unique features of our building. On our main floor we use a large decommissioned bank vault as a feature exhibition space, which offers an intimate viewing experience to our visitors.
The Gallery seeks a wide range of artistic styles, media and subjects to show in the Vault in 2025. Small to medium two-dimensional works, sound and video art and installations are well suited for this space.
The Vault offers some unique opportunities to artists but has some limitations.
- The space is 92 inches wide, 141 inches deep and 108 inches high.
- The three walls of the vault are equipped with a slat hanging system.
- The vault is equipped with a dimmable lighting track.
- We cannot drill into the slats, walls or into the ceiling.
- The vault walls and ceiling are white and cannot be painted. However, the space can be completely draped in black fabric.
- To facilitate digital artworks, the Gallery has some equipment available for exhibiting artists, including: three
- 32 inch TV, one 43 inch HD TV and two HD Epson projectors.
Submission deadline is February 29, 2024.